Into The Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angels Cry

Go down

Angels Cry Empty Angels Cry

Post  Ashleh Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:41 am

Angels Cry

He smiled and looked down at his 1 year old daughter, “I love you, Ava…”

The little girl looked up at him through a haze of black hair, “I lo’e you too Daddy, can we eat Mc’onals…p’ease daddy?”

“Of course baby, anything you want…” Drake said and made a turn to pull into the McDonalds parking lot.

The 16 year old looked over at his daughter again as he helped her unbuckle her seat belt. Last year when he was 15, he’d made a mistake, he’d just gotten home from a job and the adrenaline was rushing through him, and he had a one night stand with Ava’s mother. He hadn’t seen her in a year and he didn’t care, he had never loved her, the only thing he cared about was his daughter. He pulled her into his arms and got out of his black Mustang and went inside the McDonalds. He set her down and took her hand in his, Drake ordered and sat down.

“Daddy?” Ava asked softly.

“Yes Baby?”

“Why do you have to work?” She asked as she took a French fry and put it in her mouth.

“I have to go to work so I can pay the rent, so we can have a home…” He answered.

She nodded, “Okay… Daddy, that gu’l at the count’r keeps lookin’ at you…”

He looked up to see the young blond cashier staring at him, he flashed her a smile and then turned back to Ava, she put down her fry and sighed.

He grimaced, “What’s wrong?”

“You like her, she gonna take you away from me…” She whispered.

“No, no one can take me away from you, you’re my only girl…I love you, and that will never change…” Drake whispered.

She looked up at him, “’romise?”

He reached over and touched her face, “I promise, now hurry up and eat so we can get home,”

She smiled and began to eat.

---

Drake picked up Ava from the couch and carried her into her room, he laid her down and kissed her forehead, he turned to leave when she grabbed him.

He turned back, “what is it lovely?”

“Don’t leave me, p’ease Daddy, lay down with me…” She said tiredly.

He climbed into bed with his daughter and pulled her into his arms, “I won’t leave, I’ll be here when you wake up, I promise…”

She snuggled closer to him, “Daddy, you’re my hero, did you know that?”

He smiled and kissed her hair, “Why am I your hero?”

“Because daddy, you always take care of me and stuff…” She whispered.

He hugged her to his chest, “You’re my hero too…”

“Why daddy?”

“Because you saved me…” He whispered as his phone rang.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone, “Hello?”

“Drake, you have to come home,” His mother said frantically into the phone, “You and Ava are in trouble…Raya is coming to pick you up…”

“Mom, what’s going on?” He asked, sitting up.

“Just come home,” She said as the line went dead.

Ava got up and went to the window, “Daddy, there’s some’ne outside…”

All there was was the sound of glass breaking and shots being fired, Drake moved quickly and he was beside her. He picked her up into his arms, she was shaking, he looked down to see all the blood flowing from her little body. He bit his lip as a tear slid down his face, he hugged his daughter.

“Don’t worry baby, I’ll be here when you wake up…” He choked as he felt her go still in his arms.

---
Drake stared at the tombstone, his body shaking with rage and sorrow. Rain pelted down on him. William stood beside him and put his hand on his son’s shoulders.
“This is your fault…” Drake whispered, he turned to glare at William, “All the people you killed, all the people you hurt, I paid for it, but why, why Ava, daddy, why?” He questioned, tears sliding down the young man’s face, “I hate you…I hate you for doing this to me…daddy, why’d you let them take her, she didn’t do anything…why did they take her from me…?”
William leaned over to hug him, but Drake pushed him away, “Answer me dammit, tell me why? Tell me why Ava had to pay for all the things you did wrong, why did I have to?” He crumpled to his knees, his shoulders heaving, William knelt down beside him and put his arm around him, Drake sobbed into his father’s shoulder, “Daddy…why…?
Ashleh
Ashleh
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum